Tech-based education is gradually turning out to be a priority, even in age old classrooms. Students who have been studying in conventional schools, colleges and universities are now looking for online space. In other words, what teachers are now expecting from their students is collaboration that can only help them study more effectively. What instructors are instead doing is making students work with tools like Dropbox and journaling applications that can help them initiate quality communication and network with experts overseas.
The majority of schools today are now making extensive use of learning management systems for the following reasons –
- It’s not only students but instructors keep looking for space that can allow them to collaborate with their subordinates as well as superiors.
- When students are not present in the classrooms, they can connect with their class instructors and can also attend lectures from any corner of the world they wish.
- Right from sharing files to managing projects, LMS can play key roles for academic administrators.
A lot of colleges and universities are welcoming these new and innovative learning strategies to make students come out of the traditional learning ways and adopt new ways to keep themselves updated. As per the current academic scenario, integrating technology into classrooms can actually foster collaboration. This is a big reason why career aspirants are showing more concern towards enrolling in online courses.
So, here are three crucial tips for utilising technology that can result in effective collaboration among students and instructors:
- Managing time – Today, a lot of institutions have implemented technology into course curriculums to help students in completing higher studies with ease and convenience. Working individuals usually fail to manage time in meeting both their personal and professional duties. So, using file-sharing apps like Dropbox will help students share files, organise teamwork, collaborate along with their projects and will therefore help them save considerable time in completing their respective assignments.
- Enriching experiential learning – With the growth in collaboration tools, experiential learning can beimproved to a good extent. In fact, if students grab the opportunity to access a common platform, it becomes easier for them to share stories and experiences with one another. For instance, many academic institutions have been found using journalising tools like Evernote through which students get to share comments and experiences with one another.
- Interacting through social media – The majority of new age learners today are
aware of the activities going on in social networking sites. Just like students can interact with one another through social media platforms, they can also join official groups created by experts with whom students can get in touch along with several queries. For instance, professional social networking sites like LinkedIn lets students as well as instructors initiate discussions on groups which in turn help them remain updated.
So, it’s clear that books won’t be able to produce better results than what technology can do. Instead, if learning management systems can be introduced, the educational scenario will surely undergo massive improvements with time.